Sunday, September 17, 2006

sleepy

Last night I talked to my dad, and he asked, in a tone I'm pretty sure was mocking me, blogs, or both: "Have you updated your blog? You're supposed to update your blog."

I was getting to it.

I worked out the kinks, id est, you can now actually leave comments without signing in.

I've been insanely busy this week, so busy that I can't remember actually getting stuff done. I have some days where I'm extremely productive - I go for a hike, I make my bed, I do laundry, I paint my toenails, I buy groceries, I unload the dishwasher....then it's the end of the day and I realize I haven't done any homework. The past couple of days, however, for the first time this semester, I've been academically productive, and I forgot how great that feels. I have two papers due within a week and a conference with my writing professor on Thursday about my first piece. I'm certainly not fully prepared for any of these things, but today I worked on getting to the point where thinking about them doesn't make me want to drop out of school.

It's a little difficult to concentrate on all that though, since last week my air conditioning flooded out and about 25% of my floor was replaced today. I'm not very happy with the way it looks completely different from the old wood, and wuth the less-than-professional contractors who worked on it, but I guess there's nothing I can do. It's going to be another busy week, it seems, and I am too exhausted to deal with anything. I was on campus for 11 hours today and I had a small presentation this evening that for some reason I was really nervous about.

I was going to try to organize some kind of get-together for all the first years, but finding a free/cheap venue for 20+ people is tough when everyone lives in studios and basements. I think I'm going to have to think about just having a few people I know and like over.

That's all I can take right now; maybe I'll write more later in the week when I'm feeling sane.

There is one more thing though: if you would please, check out the TV show Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip next Monday at 10:00 on NBC. It's by Aaron Sorkin and Thomas Schlamme, the original executive producers/writer and director of The West Wing. Aaron Sorkin (and specifically The West Wing) is about 25% of the reason I majored in Political Science and about 50% of the reason I'm still a writer, and this new show is so very good.

Okay, I'm off to bed. Thanks to Betsy, Ryan, Danielah, and Pat for the sweet comments - I'm going to be emailing you guys soon. I meant to this weekend, but the aforementioned craziness.......I hope all is well wherever you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home