Wednesday, October 25, 2006

it's 2 am, i must be lonely. or something like that.

I've eaten so much candy corn I think it's coming out of my pores.

I'm looking forward to being in Florida in December. I want to ride roller coasters and wear sandals.

I bought a new coat. I call it my grown-up coat because it isn't bright red, but it's also courdoroy and a peacoat so when I pair it with a red scarf and knit cap I still end up looking like a cartoon character. I should buy some mittens.

And a button fell off today.

I wish I'd ever learned to work for more than 30 minutes at a time. Read for 30 minutes. Get coffee. Write for 30 minutes. Go to the bathroom. Research for 30 minutes. Check email. Read something else for 30 minutes. Take a walk. It's reminding me of....you know. A boring office job.

I saw a cat tonight that looked just like Tiger Lily. I sat in the bushes outside my apartment for about five minutes while we had a staring contest. When she jumped around chasing whatever she was chasing, she looked like a dolphin leaping out of the water and diving back in.

So I was thinking about dolphins, then I was thinking about manatees. I miss manatees. And alligators. And armadillos. And love bugs. And the family of cranes at UCF. Weird how you can miss what you never saw.

I still haven't seen the pandas at the zoo.

What is today? Tuesday?

I wish I had more of a social life developed. Building one from scratch is probably the most painful experience ever. Did you know that couples prefer to hang out with other couples? This is a new development for me. I've never tried to hang out with adult couples, but now I'm on to their game. It's not the coat, it's having to deal with this that makes me a grown-up.

I wish I was the kind of person who could throw myself into academics.

I miss having hours of free time to talk on the phone.

Remember when I was working and going to school full time?

I know, I know. I'm terrible at conclusions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home