Tuesday, March 27, 2007

arrrrggggggggg

DC is a temporary city. No one actually lives here. However, if you don't actually live here, and you park on the street, which sometimes you have to do, you get parking tickets. You'd think this would be enforced more, and I wouldn't have gotten my first parking ticket (at least for that) this morning. For $100.

Fine, I guess I finally have to get one of those reciprocity stickers explaining why I don't have DC plates. If allllll the temporary residents of DC have one, I guess I should too.

But does anyone else find it puzzling that students, whose income is -$40,000 a year, have to pay $330.....

.....while members of Congress, whose income is $150,000 to $160,000 a year, have to pay.....

....$15.

One. Five. Fifteen.

!?

Normally I don't complain about Congressional perks; for a poli sci major I'm comparatively content with the state of our government. I'm not happy about it, but hell if I'm going to do anything to change it right now, so I make no fuss.

But that. Is. Ridiculous.

That's all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home